Many older homes have old garage doors that are inefficient, damaged or unsightly which may need to be repaired or replaced on your rehab projects. As a house flipper, you will need to be able inspect the garage doors and determine whether the garage doors need to be repaired or replaced and estimate an approximate budget.
Basics Of Estimating Garage Door Costs
Garage doors are simply measured and estimated based upon the count, so to estimate your garage doors you simply need to count the # of doors you need to replace in the property.
- Garage door, single, manual operated ($400 - $750each)
Garage door,double, manual operated ($900 - $1,500each)
Garage door, custom ($2k+each)
Garage door operator ($250 - $400each)
Repair existing garage doors ($150 - $300each)
A Garage Door Contractor can typically replace an existing garage door within 4 to 6 hours.
Writing A Scope Of Work & Getting Bids
Garage door contractors will generally provide an all-inclusive bid to 'furnish and install' all labor and garage door materials on the project.
Here is an example of how to write a Scope of Work that insures your Roofing Contractor provides an all-inclusive bid.
Example Scope Of Work
All Garage Door work is to be contractor-purchased Purchased, and Contractor Installed.
- Furnish and install new garage doors and operators.
- Garage Door Specification: Input Garage Specification. Alternate materials and manufacturers that provide savings will be considered but must be approved.
- Garage Operator Specification: Input Garage Operator Specification. Alternate materials and manufacturers that provide savings will be considered but must be approved.
- Remove existing garage doors, and equipment as necessary to install new garage doors.